Below are 10 quick-hitting insights ahead of the Chargers' Week 12 matchup against the Buffalo Bills from Bills Stadium.
1) The Chargers enter Week 12 with the NFL's third-ranked offense (No. 3 passing, tied for No. 10 rushing). Quarterback Justin Herbert is coming off a 366-yard passing performance against the New York Jets - an early career high.
2) If Herbert throws for over 300 yards on Sunday, he'll join the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes as the only quarterbacks since 1950 with 3,000-plus passing yards in their first 10 career starts, according to NFL Media Research.
3) Herbert and Buffalo's Josh Allen have been among the best quarterbacks in the league this season. Here are their head-to-head numbers, per NFL Media Research:
Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills: How to Watch, Listen and Live Stream Chargers – Bills Game Preview Chargers-Bills Week 12 Injury Report
4) Entering Week 12, wide receiver Keenan Allen leads the NFL in receptions with 81. He's on pace for 130 catches on 179 targets and 10 receiving touchdowns, which would all be career highs.
5) Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs is second in receptions with 73. Diggs caught four passes for 76 yards - including a long of 46 - against the Chargers last season as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.
6) Last Sunday against New York was the second time this season that Herbert has thrown touchdown passes to Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry all in the same game. Prior to 2020, that had never happened. Allen has scored in each of the last four weeks and Henry has touchdowns in back-to-back games for the first time since Weeks 4 and 5 of 2017.
7) Wide receivers Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson each have three receiving plays of 49 yards or more this season. In 2019, the Chargers had five receiving plays of 50 yards or more the entire season. If Guyton manages to catch another touchdown of 70-plus yards, he'll tie Hall of Famer Lance Alworth with three - the most in a single season in Chargers history. Johnson only has three catches this season; he's averaging 52.3 yards per reception.
8) Defensive end Joey Bosa will be playing in his 60th NFL game this Sunday in Buffalo. With 2.5 sacks, he'll tie Hall of Fame linebacker Junior Seau for fifth on the Chargers' all-time sack list (47). Bosa had five QB hits last Sunday against the Jets, a career high.
9) Head coach Anthony Lynn is 2-0 all-time against the Bills. Los Angeles beat Buffalo 54-24 at home in Week 11 of 2017 and 31-20 on the road in Week 2 of 2018. The latter was Josh Allen's first career NFL start.
10) The Chargers are 24-10-2 all-time against the Bills and have won the last four matchups.