Diesel Particulate Filter Market is forecast to reach $25.2 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 11.3% Growing usage of Diesel cars, raising awareness on the environment coupled with the adverse effect of pollution on human health are expected to accelerate the Diesel Particulate Filter Market during the forecast period. In 2018, The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)states that about 40% of new heavy-duty diesel vehicles (HDDVs) sold worldwide were equipped with DPFs and this share is projected to grow to 50% by 2021. As many of the countries such as India and Mexico have started following Euro VI-equivalent standards, demand for DPF is likely to accelerate.On the other hand policies adopted by May 2018 are projected to reduce global BC emissions from diesel road transport by 37% by 2040 and implementation of the Global Sulfur Strategy could reduce BC emissions. All these factors will accelerate the demand for the Diesel Particulate Filter market.
• Europe dominated the Diesel Particulate Filter Market owing to rising production of automobiles and stringent regulatory norm on reducing environmental pollution.
• Passenger vehicle is the largest segment for automotive diesel particulate market owing to its advantages of reducing the environmental pollution and rise in sales of passenger cars.
• Diesel Particulate Filter market report forecasts that growing demand for electric and hybrid vehicles will hamper the market sharp Drop In the sales of passenger car production in the United States and another developed market will hinder the growth of transfer case market
• Diesel Particulate Filter Market are Delphi group, Tenneco Inc., Faurecia group, Johnson Matthey Company, and Bosal International, NGK Insulators, LTD., Denso (Japan), Donaldson Company Inc., and Continental AG.
Type - Segment Analysis
Silicon carbide DPFisexpected to grow at a CAGR of 12.45% during the forecast period. This segment is widely used for the emission control of diesel exhaust and been widely used to replace the traditional usage of Cordierite DPF. The application of Silicon carbide is the major recent breakthrough of emission control technology as it has higher filtration capacity to trap particulate matter consistently and reduce forced regeneration. Silicon carbide DPFis deployed in large-scale for passenger cars as the production of passenger cars is significantly higher than commercial vehicles. On the other hand, the stringent emission regulations in developing countries are projected to increase the use of silicon carbide. For instance, in China, as per VI emission standard, diesel particulate filters need to fitted compulsorily after July 2021.
Application - Segment Analysis
Passenger vehicle segment is expected to witness a CAGR of approximately 13.11% during forecast period. Similarly, growing demand for luxury passenger cars worldwide is anticipated to accelerate the Diesel Particulate Filter market during forecast period. According to the report given by European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) in 2018, there were more than 14.3 million new passenger vehicle registrations last year in Western Europe with the growth of almost 3.1%. Similarly in EU countries new passenger car registrations increased by around 13 percent to reach 1.3 million vehicles units in 2018. On the other hand in India, sale of passenger cars grew by 2.7% in 2019. Increase in demand for passenger cars is likely to create opportunities for Diesel particulate filter market.
Geography- Segment Analysis
In 2018, Europe dominated the Diesel Particulate Filter market size with a share of more than 32.5%, followed by North America and APAC. The government are aggressively implementing regulatory framework to reduce the environmental footprint in automobiles. The increasing stringency of the Euro standards has required the deployment of increasingly effective and sophisticated technologies for emission reduction in diesel vehicles. For instance,according to new ICCT regulations, it is mandatory to use diesel particulate filters to reduce the effect of pollution in environment by 2022. These kind of regulations will positively create opportunities for diesel particulate filter industries.
Drivers –Diesel Particulate Filter Market
• Growing production and sales of medium and heavy-duty trucks across the globe.
Growing production and sales of medium and heavy-duty trucks is the key driver for diesel particulate filter market. Diesel particulate filter is primarily used to remove diesel particulate matter from the exhaust gas of diesel engines to reduce emissions. Therefore, an increase in the sale of medium and heavy-duty trucks will drive the demand for Diesel particulate filter market during the forecast period. The medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks grew by 4.5% worldwide during 2017-18. The countries like India, Brazil and Indonesia witnessed double-digit growth in sales during this time. Similarly, in Europe and China there is a strong regulatory pressure to lower down the emissions in Heavy duty and light trucks. This is likely to create new opportunity for truck with diesel particulate filter, thereby it creates demand for diesel particulate filter market.
• Implementation of Stringent Environment and fuel efficiency Regulations
The demanding requirement from consumers and regulatory bodies are bringing disruption in the automotive industry, with new technological innovations. At present, the automotive industry is focusing on reducing emission. In recent time, with these emerging requirement, Diesel Particulate Filteris expected to become a vital component in the automobile industry. Diesel particulate filter with sediment filter captures and stores exhaust soot to reduce emissions from diesel cars and the additional fuel can be supplied by a metering pump. In recent time, ICCT made stringent regulations to reduce the emissions from automobiles these rules are followed strictly by many developing countries including India and China as these regulations are aiming at lowering down the BC emissions from diesel cars so, most of the manufacturers are deploying technology like advanced diesel particulate filter in automobiles to achieve the same.
Challenges – Diesel Particulate Filter Market
• Increasing demand for Electric vehicles:
The growing demand for electric and hybrid vehicles will hamper the market in the forecast period. Electric and hybrid cars grew to more than two million units globally in 2018 with an increase of 63 percent during 2017-18. Several countries are implementing stringent regulation to decrease the environmental pollution. For instance, in 2018, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) established standards for the sulfur content of diesel fuel and for emissions from new diesel engines and has committed to a plan to ban all sales of gasoline and diesel-engine cars by 2040 and also made plans to ensure that all cars on the road by 2050achieve zero-emissions. Similarly, India is planning to remove all diesel-engine cars from their roads by 2030 and replace it by electrically powered alternatives by that time. Increase in the sales of electric cars will negatively affect the diesel particulate filter market share.
Partnership and acquisitions are key strategies adopted by players in the Diesel Particulate Filter market. In 2018, Diesel Particulate Filter industry outlook has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for 52.5% of the share. Top 10 companiesDiesel Particulate Filter Market include Delphi group, Tenneco Inc., Faurecia group, Johnson Matthey Company, and Bosal International, NGK Insulators, LTD., Denso (Japan), Donaldson Company Inc., and Continental AG among others.
- In March 2018, Faurecia announced that it inaugurated its 15th plant in Mexico, located in San Jose Iturbide, Guanajuato. The 110,000-square-meter facility, part of Faurecia's Clean Mobility division, would manufacture exhaust systems for GM and FCA.
- In November 2017, BASF SE established a chemical catalysts manufacturing plant in Caojing, Shanghai, China. The new plant is BASF's first chemical catalysts manufacturing facility in the Asia Pacific region. It serves its clientele in Asia Pacific
- In May 2017, Tenneco announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Federal-Mogul. Federal-Mogul was acquired from Icahn Enterprises. It plans to separate the combined businesses into two independents, publicly traded companies and aftermarket & ride Performance Company and a powertrain technology company.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1970-236-3677