The global antibody fragments market was valued at US$ 15,450.0 Mn 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 29,673.3 Mn 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
Antibody fragments market is still at a nascent stage. Most of the antibody fragments research currently done is targeted towards cancer. One of the major factors driving the growth of the antibody fragments market is the increasing prevalence of target diseases. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (Globocan), the incidence of cancer is expected to increase from 18.1 million in 2018 to around 22 million by the year 2026.
GET A SAMPLE COPY OF ANTIBODY FRAGMENTS MARKET 2016-23 REPORT AT: https://www.alltheresearch.com/report/118/antibody-fragments-market
Apart from this the advantages of antibody fragments over full length antibodies are also a major driving factor for the market. Full-length antibodies have a weight of approximately 150 kDa. Antibody fragments have a weight anywhere between 25kDa to 110 kDa, depending on their type. The smaller size of antibody fragments, as compared to the full-length antibodies, facilitates their better penetration into the tumors and therefore, gives better results.
Additionally, the antibody fragments such as Fab, F(ab')2, scFv, and sdAb lack the Fc region of the antibody and they therefore, eliminate the risk of non-specific binding between Fc portions of the antibodies and Fc receptors on cells.
However the stringent regulatory guidelines for the approval of antibody fragments are expected to impede the growth of the market. Antibody fragments are biologics that are strictly regulated by the regulatory bodies all over the world. While approving any kind of biologics, both product-related and process-related characteristics of the product are considered while approving the product.
The manufacturing process of antibody fragments includes bacterial or yeast cell cultures as expression mediums. Therefore, the potential bacterial, host cell DNA, host cell protein, residual protein A/L (in case Protein A/L chromatography has been used for purification) contamination can cause serious concerns.
- Based on type, F(ab) and F(ab')2 to dominate the market with more than 50% share in the market
- Based on type, The scFvs and sdAbs are expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- North America to account for more than 35% share in the market
- Cancer application segment to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- The increasing investment in R&D to drive the antibody fragments market
HAVE ANY QUERY OR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT? ASK TO OUR INDUSTRY EXPERT https://www.alltheresearch.com/speak-to-analyst/118
- In September 2018, EMA approved the first single domain antibody drug known as Cablivi (Caplacizumab) by Sanofi for the treatment of adult-acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (aTTP).
- In April 2019, FDA granted priority review to RTH258, brolucizumab from Novartis AG for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), or neovascular AMD. Brolucizumab is a single chain antibody fragment (scFv) that provides enhanced tissue penetration and also rapid clearance for systemic circulation.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What is the value of the overall antibody fragments market and its segments?
- What is the market value at the regional and individual country level?
- What are the attractive segments and geographies to invest in?
- What are the key challenges faced in the manufacturing and purification of antibody fragments?
- What are the key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the market and how are they expected to impact the market?
- Who are the key market players and what are the key strategies adopted by them in order to sustain/grow in the market?
SUBMIT YOUR DETAILS AND SPECIFIC INTERESTS FOR ALL CUSTOMIZATION NEEDS HERE https://www.alltheresearch.com/customization/118
AllTheResearch was formed with the aim of making market research a significant tool for managing breakthroughs in the industry. As a leading market research provider, the firm empowers its global clients with business-critical research solutions. The outcome of our study of numerous companies that rely on market research and consulting data for their decision-making made us realise, that it's not just sheer data-points, but the right analysis that creates a difference.
For all your Research needs, reach out to us at:
Address:39180 Liberty Street Suite 110, Fremont, CA 94538, USA